You know how I like infographics, they've everything to be cool: they're simple, beautiful, entertaining and informative. In a brazilian tumblr, named A tua mãe gosta* I found one so good that I had to share it.
* In English it means Your mother likes it. There's another blog with this name but with another author: it's from Alex Noriega, he's a comic artist and someday I'll post here some of his works. He has a blog called Stuff No One Told Me (but I've learned anyway) too.
Have a great day!
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
Thursday, 14 July 2011
Curious Alice by ~noodlekiddo on deviantART
I'm back and it's not even August. Yeah! I do not have much to share with you right now (have to catch up with my feeds and such). But... I saw something that might please you.
I follow a very cute girl (on facebook, deviantart and her blog; yes, I'm a stalker sometimes ^-^), her name is Renata Owen and she's such a sweet illustrator! I hope someday I can innerview her.
But today I'm not here to talk about her work (maybe tomorrow ;)), but of a post of her blog: 50 reasons not to date a designer. Like her I'll put here the list and make my own comments. In red are the ones I do more often.
1. They are very weird people. // Weird, it's me, no doubt!
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer. // That's not accurate, but... whatever.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers. // Where did that come from?
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA. //Not only IKEA, but yeah.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other. // We looooove each other!
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits. // And if you don't you can miss some fabulous things.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch. // Quoting Renata: That's stupid.
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings. // Design, design, design.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters. //Actually, we deal with numbers, rulers and grids are our best friends.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues. // Like David Airey, Saul Bass and Erik Spiekermann?
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want. // I always do that.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica. // Any doubt?
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs. // I wish I had.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster. // We really can?
31. You will spend the day brainstorming. // I brainstorm for everything...
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra. // That's a good reason, right?
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design. //Yes, yes, yes! (no relation with the above question)
36. They listen to music you have never heard of. //There's always someone...
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients. //I'm there.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics … //Yeah, semiotics...
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city. //Getting there. :P
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts. // Hope so!
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearing them screaming “When is the deadline?” // I dream a lot about design and get a bunch of crazy ideas, like Comics in 3D --'
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs. // Welcome to Heaven!
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
What are you numbers?
Friday, 1 July 2011
My life is starting to change: I finished my graduation (didn't entered the Master,though) and this weekend I'm moving in to my new house. Regarding this, I also have "bad" news, I'll don't be able to post every week because I don't have Internet there, but in August that issue will probably be solved.
Meanwhile check Tereza's portfolio, I love her works: