Monday 19 September 2011

It's ticking!

Time is what we have the least, even with 86.400 seconds every day. The clock never stops and we see our life going on and on without notice and we can do nothing about it. Who invented the time, anyway? Let's backpedal a little...

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,


That all started with the Big Bang! (I know you sang too!) Well, time, as space, started with that big ba-da-boom, but its measuring is Jost Burgi all to blame. He made the minute hand in 1577 but the standard time was only invented in 1878 by Sir Sanford Flemming. The in-betweens you'll have to read here, because what I have for you is even more amazing than that.

It's not a collection of my favorite watches, I'm afraid. I know you would love that; noted for another time, ok? Even greater than some cool watches is one big clock made in Japan (I swear to you, these one is even better that the Swiss watches we love). Carved with water and light, the train station of Osaka has the most amazing and beautiful watch I've ever seen. If you know the author, please let me know.






Have a nice day/night!


No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...