Wednesday 28 November 2012

here and there #3 [a part of me]

My dear dreamers,

Photobucket
via fuck yeah anaïs nin

I wanted to write this post for so long but it was hard to find the mood. In the last weeks I've been in a dark zone, no sleeping, all worries and no job done. Today, it all seemed to go away. Like magic. Or a good night of sleep.

I'm reading Anaïs Nin diary for two weeks now (the first volume I mean; 6 to go yay!). I could have ended it like in two days, if I didn't lost myself in taking notes, copying excerpts of the book and finding myself in her words. I could be called Anaïs, you know? But in Portuguese the name isn't that beautiful and my mother changed her mind.

In some ways, I feel like I'm Anaïs. She's a feminist, a dreamer, a writer. She is sensitive and a sentimentalist. She loves beauty, she loves to love. She's more than one person, she has more than one life. She's a poet. She's paradoxical. She loves life. She lives second by second. She's afraid of her true nature and that others may not understand and love it.

Here are some of her thoughts I enjoyed reading. Only some because I have already 6 A5 pages worth of sharing.

Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous. I want to be a writer who reminds others that these moments exist; I want to prove that there is infinite space, infinite meaning, infinite dimension. But I am not always in what I call a state of grace. I have days of illuminations and fevers. I have days when the music in my head stops. Then I mend socks, prune trees, can fruits, polish furniture. But while I am doing this I feel I am not living.

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

My life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

We don’t have a language for the senses. Feelings are images, sensations are like musical sounds.

If you want to know more about her, or read more about her follow these:


 Anaïs Nin official website

 Anaïs Nin blog

 Fuck Yeah Anaïs Nin




Which writer inspires you the most?
Photobucket




No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...